Wednesday, November 5, 2008

let your love shine down

Yesterday was a really beautiful day. I woke up and got to the polls when they opened, spent two hours between standing in line and voting, came home to a wonderful dachshund and increasingly spring-like sunny weather, got two venti gingersnap soy lattes, went record shopping where I snagged The Jam and Fontella Bass, had lunch with Randy, took Nicky for a car ride to Selby's, went to dinner for beers while watching the exit polls with Nevada and Kelly, and came home to Obama winning the presidential election as well as Peters and Schauer winning their campaigns. Whew! Somewhere after getting lunch with Randy, I was upstairs watching the sun set through the upstairs window, and I got pretentious. The window was filthy, but the sunshine came in anyhow and made the filth look hopeful. It was a beautiful moment. This is the best I could do to capture that. I love the United States of
America, and I love democracy. They're both beautiful things.