Tuesday, June 24, 2008

i love you so let me hide

What a day. We spent most of the day eating food at excellent restaurants, shopping for records and other cool stuff, and dodging the rain. This evening, we grabbed some Thai food on the West End and then popped into a little alt boutique called Map. After spending a few minutes looking at a coffee table book about Cali punk, I walked to the back of the store and passed Michael Cunningham--one of my favorite authors--who'd apparently been there the whole time. Unfortunately, I had some drinks at the restaurant and was too drunk and embarrassed to say anything. i just kept sneaking peeks, then fled the West End and took Nick for a walk. This is what the beautiful evening looked like as I walked Nick down Central and felt starstruck. Michael Cunningham!