Thursday, August 30, 2007

loving a job is truly amazing

Today was the very best day I've ever had at any job. I showed up at my normal time only to turn around and head out for a field trip. We took the people mover over to cobo and caught a boat at the dock. An old-school tri-level river boat. We spent a few hours cruising up and down the detroit river and it was breath-taking. Truly. I spent most of the time walking around the decks talking with coworkers, basking in the perfect sunny-and-seventies weather. I got to know a few people from other departments and bonded even tighter with my team. It was wonderful. Here's a shot from one of the decks looking at the ren cen and downtown Detroit. It was sort of a spiritual and life-affirming day. I truly felt like I was at the right place, doing the right thing. Total confidence like that is rare in my life. I needed to experience today.