Friday, May 4, 2007

(this) man's best friend

So, today is my last day of unemployment. After a year of hanging out with Nick the dachshund every day, I will once again return to the nine-to-five world on Monday. I've been looking forward to getting back to work, but I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I won't be spending my days at home with Nick. I've gotten used to always having him around, and I quite like the way our relationship has totally become a companionship. This little guy has completely stolen my heart. I'm thankful I was able to spend so much time with him this last year. I'll always treasure it. Very sincerely. Here we are on the porch this afternoon, enjoying the perfect weather. Next to sitting in laps and going for car rides, this is one of his favorite pastimes.